Monday, September 23, 2019

Summer in Baltimore

September 21 & September 22

—Blogpost written by Bob



Saturday, September 21




Wow! I had such a restful sleep last night due to the improvements we made yesterday on the v-berth platform! The pain I’ve experienced in my hips seems to have completely disappeared as the result of the improvement.  Needless to say, I should have realized that the “platform sagging” was such a problem sooner.  Now, I feel years younger!  (Next summer I intend to add an additional support and coat all the wooden members with epoxy.)


This is how I regularly felt prior to eliminating 
the "platform sagging" in our v-berth.

This morning, I made a detailed travel plan for going south—we leave just a few weeks from now.  I used my travel plans from previous years and made some significant improvements (eliminating very long travel days and allowing for stop overs in areas we like).  I can still make adjustments on the fly.  We will be making a major stop in St. Augustine when Maggie will fly home for the holiday.  We will probably spend the Christmas holidays in Nassau.


Lola was supposed to be helping
with trip planning but sleeping
on the ICW chart book
was not very helpful.


We are currently in "provisioning mode" for our trip south.  Provisioning is a balance between normal consumption needs, saving money (since everything is costly in the Bahamas), and keeping on board weight in check.



Sunday, September 22




Even though I didn’t sleep all that well last night (due to Maggie being away) I am still free of the aches in my hips that bothered me for months. I am still kicking myself for not addressing the “sagging” in our v-berth sooner. It was probably the best improvement we have made to our boat this year (and we have made a lot of improvements!)

----------

As I have many times before on this blog, I am grateful to introduce new have young talent to my readers.  This time the new young singing talent is Angelina Jordan.  She is a young girl from Norway who has an amazing and versatile voice.


Angelina Jordan singing on her YouTube channel.


I really like her renditions of a wide range of American songs like Elvis Presley's hit song "Can't Help Falling in Love with You", Roberta Flack's hit "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face", Aretha Franklin's hit song "A Natural Woman" as well as Adele's recent hit song "A Million Years Ago".   Angelina was born in 2006, which makes her all of 13 years old and English is her second language.  She certainly has a bright future ahead of her!

----------

Tropical Storm Karen continues to proceed northward from the eastern Caribbean.  It continues to build in strength (winds to 65 mph) but I hope that it doesn't reach hurricane strength.

 

Tropical Storm Karen continues
it's trek northward.


Summer is now officially over...stay tuned for our early Fall in Baltimore.



Thanks for following our blog!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment