Friday, July 17, 2015

Sometimes I Have My Doubts

--Blogpost written by Bob



Every once in a while, I think I have become too soft for the cruising life we are about to start.  I usually have these thoughts when going home after a weekend of sailing and taking a nice hot shower and then sleeping in our comfortable bed in our quiet, air-conditioned home.  My life wasn't always this comfy--I lived on my sailboat during hot (Maryland) summers and cold winters for 10 years before we bought our current home.

I suppose it is natural to have some doubt about any new adventure.  To counter these doubts we've decided to make our little sailboat a bit more luxurious.  Upgrading the air conditioning system (from the hardly-suitable 12,500 Btu to a heat-busting 16,000 Btu) for the summers that we will be spending in Baltimore is one way we can make the boat more comfy.  (Our existing air conditioner is so noisy that it is like living in a broken refrigerator.)



If only I had a fresh water pool or a hot tub!
How about an ice maker too?


A new entertainment center with satellite radio capability (with college sports programming) would be a nice addition that would make our boat feel a little more like home--this may become a new project soon.


"The cat could very well be man's best friend
but would never stoop to admitting it."  --Doug Larsen


Thanks for following our (crazy) blog!


2 comments:

  1. Have you decided on a AC manufacture? I recently install a Flagship 16,500 BTU/hr unit on my LF38, and it is keeping nice and cool in the FL heat of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't. I will look into Flagship. I'm glad to hear you are happy with it. It is always good to have first hand experience like yours. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete