Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Last Days in San Miguel de Allende

—Blogpost written by Bob 


In this blogpost, we continue our 6-month winter excursion in Mexico.  We arrived by car on October 15 in San Miguel de Allende (SMA), traveling from near Annapolis, Maryland where we live on our sailboat.  This blogpost described some of our last fifteen days in San Miguel de Allende.  (At the end of January we will be moving to Bucerias near Puerto Vallarta, on the Pacific coast, for our last two months in Mexico.)


Saturday, January 15


Oatmeal made a nice warming breakfast today.  The morning was spent very leisurely ending with a nice hot shower.  



You might be wondering what do these
pretty red onions have to do
with this blogpost.

Maggie was busy in the morning making shepherds pie for a late lunch.  I was using my new iPad stand to watch the Hula Bowl on FuboTV.  (I could only use FuboTV in conjunction with our VPN since, otherwise, it would not be available here in Mexico.  FuboTV is a streaming service for all types of TV programs and sporting events.  I was able to watch past episodes of "Life Below Zero", one of my favorite programs.  I think I will continue to use FuboTV on the boat when we return since it was difficult getting acceptable TV reception on Kent Island.)



Watching the Hula Bowl on my iPad
using my new iPad stand.


We watched two NFL wildcard games on TV today but we didn't do much else...



Sunday, January 16



More NFL wild card games were on the agenda for today.  I got caught up on some YouTube videos to which I subscribed and watched a new episode of "Life Below Zero" on FuboTV.


We left our apartment briefly to allow for another "showing" in the afternoon.  I was surprised that there were so many locals interested in renting an apartment.  Actually, they weren't locals but rather gringos already living locally. 


----------


Another thing I thought about today was my love of shooting (particularly shotgunning) and the dramatically increasing cost (and unavailability) of ammo, particularly for my 28 gauge shotgun (up to $1/round).  I used to reload shotgun shells to keep the cost down but even the components (primers and shot, in particular) are increasing in price.  I thought about buying a CO2-powered pellet pistol to satisfy my love of shooting (not a substitute for a shotgun however) in a lower cost manner.  I'm still deciding between a 0.177 and a 0.22 caliber for my yet-to-be purchased (German-made) Diana-brand pistol.  (I'm leaning toward a 0.177 caliber.  All of this thinking was about for when we return home.)



Monday, January 17



Remedios, the maid, just about caught us sleeping late this morning.  We didn't get up until about 9 AM.  We didn't accomplish much today except making a nice lunch in our apartment (salmon fillets, baked sweet potatoes, and Brussels sprouts).


There was one more NFL wild card game (on Monday evening), the Arizona Cardinals versus the Los Angeles Chargers--it was an evening game.   The Los Angeles Chargers won unexpectedly but in a dominate fashion.


We didn't leave the apartment again today...



Tuesday, January 18



Getting good photographs of most of the unique scenes in San Miguel de Allende was the primary activity on our agenda for the day.  I used this site to get a list of the best photo opportunities in San Miguel de Allende.


We went out for lunch at Hecho En Mexico and walked around the area after lunch.  The following images were captured during out afternoon walk:



A restaurant courtyard near
Hecho En Mexico.


Cafe Rama on Calle
Nemesto Eiez.


Condominiums across the street
from the Rosewood Hotel.


Adama Street: This was supposed to
be one of the best photo spots
in San Miguel de Allende.


We got back to our apartment about 3 PM, as usual.  I still have several photo spots that are supposed to be great--tomorrow is another day...



Thanks for following our blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment