Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Am I Getting Grumpy?

---Blogpost written by Bob


I realize that I don't laugh as often as I used to nor do I joke around like I used to do.   Recently, when I dropped a couple dozen stainless steel bolts and nuts in back of one of our water tanks on the boat, I rattled off a string of colorful expletives in frustration.  It made me wonder: Am I getting grumpy?  This frequently happens to men in their 60's when they can't find interest in their future.


A couple years ago I couldn't even imagine retiring from my life-long career--I loved my work.  Slowly, a plan came together for our cruising during retirement and this made all the difference in the world to me--I now anxiously await full retirement.  I seem to have a razor-sharp focus on getting our boat ready for cruising (by the way, 135 completed projects and 67 yet to do!), getting our house ready to rent, and getting my business turned over to other people to handle. 

Instead of getting grumpy about things I may not be able to do as well as when I was younger, I am looking at my future as an adventure with much more freedom than I have ever had during my adult life.

Our next blogpost will feature our new upholstery--it should be completed in about a week or 10 days.


Thanks for following our blog!

(Clipart is by Paul Sherman of WPClipArt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment