Saturday, May 16, 2015

My Adventurous Life as a Sailing Feline

--Blogpost written by Lizzie



My name is Lizzie and I joined this crazy family in late-2011.  Captain Jack was already part of the family at the time.  Captain Jack and I were both rescued (that's what humans call it--I call it controlled) by Bob and Maggie and we both have long hair but that's where the similarity ends.


I joined this crazy family in late-2011.  For some strange reason,
Bob frequently calls me "Liz bang".



If you ask me, Jack (we usually drop the "captain" part of his name because he really doesn't deserve it) is a poor excuse for a cat.  He's practically blind and his pathetic begging for food and attention all the time is very un-catlike.  Jack even purrs while he is eating!  He just doesn't get it that we are supposed to act disinterested most of the time.


Jack begging for food--it doesn't matter what time it is.  This is his shaggy matted look.

The redheaded stepchild's hair mats easily and he can't take care of it himself.  Consequently, he has to go to the groomer and get what he calls a "lion cut" where his hair is cut short except around his head, legs, and tail.  Jack struts around when he comes home and acts like a real lion but his actions don't fool me.


Because Jack can't take care of his own hair, he gets what he calls a "lion cut".
He is shown here playing captain.


All my life I couldn't jump like other cats--it has something to do with my hip.  It doesn't stop me from getting around at home or on the boat.  Well, there was this one time last year during our month-long sailing trip that I fell off the boat trying to jump onto the pier during the night--so, I do have some "mobility" issues.  I smelled like dead fish for over a week!  It's kind of funny when you think about it--Jack can't see and I can't jump.

Unlike Jack, I love adventure in all forms.  I have been known to run into a sliding glass door at home in hot pursuit of a squirrel on the deck, while Jack is asleep on the front window sill.


If only I could get through this glass door I could satisfy
my very strong hunting instinct.

When it's time for a car ride, I love to sit on the console between the two front seats while Jack cowers on the floor in the back seat or sits on Bob's lap with his eyes closed.  When it's time to go to the boat, I'm ready and waiting by the front door while the redheaded stepchild runs and hides in the basement.  Don't get me wrong, Jack does have some good attributes--I've never met such a friendly and loving feline.


When relaxing on the boat, Jack always likes to lay in the sun while I prefer the shade.

I hope you learned a little bit about my adventurous sailing life and were entertained by my blogpost.  My blogpost is certainly more interesting than those about Bob's stupid boat projects on composting toilets, fuel tanks, and solar panels!


Thanks for following our blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment